Applying for SSDI or SSI?
Tips to Improve Your Chances of Success
National figures show that approximately 70 percent of all initial applications for Social Security Disability benefits are denied by the Social Security Administration. If you are applying for Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI), here are some tips that may improve your chances for success on initial application or appeal:
- Visit a doctor to document your condition
- Fully explain your condition and symptoms to your doctor
- Obtain documentation of your disorder/impairment
- If your initial application is denied, appeal within 60 days
- Understand that most initial applications are denied
- Do not quit, the SSA denies initial claims because it saves them money
- Keep appealing in a timely fashion when denied
- Take necessary medical prescriptions and follow doctors orders
- Make thorough notes and keep an organized file of all records
- Be prepared to discuss your case: know the facts of your case
- Be patient: even with an attorney, the process takes time
- Retain a lawyer to handle your case
If you need help with an initial application for SSDI or SSI, or if you need help with an SSDI appeal or SSI appeal, Jorgensen Law can help. Located in San Diego, our law firm represents clients statewide throughout California.
Our firm has successfully helped thousands of clients receive Social Security Disability benefits. Attorney Don H. Jorgensen has extensive experience in SSI and SSDI claims and has a proven record of success. Approximately 90 percent of the clients we represent are awarded benefits.
Contact a California Social Security Disability Lawyer
To schedule a free consultation with attorney Don H. Jorgensen, call our San Diego, Los Angeles or Riverside, California law office at 1-888-855-2948, or contact us by e-mail.