Selecting a Social Security Disability Attorney
Selecting a good Social Security Disability attorney can be critical to the success of winning your Social Security Disability Insurance (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI) claim.
Many people have asked the questions, “How do I select a good disability attorney?”
Here are a few tips for selecting a Social Security Disability attorney:
- Select an attorney that specializes in SSDI and SSI cases.
- Select an attorney that is licensed by the Bar Association of your state.
- Select an attorney that you feel comfortable talking to.
- Look for a local attorney. If you live in San Diego, you should look at disability attorneys who practice in the Southern California Area, and more specifically, in the San Diego Area.
- Make sure you read the attorney’s fee agreement and ask any questions that you have about it.
An attorney’s primary focus should be helping you get the benefits that you need. Take advantage of the free consultations that most attorneys offer. Ask lots of questions and don’t settle on an attorney until you find one that you feel comfortable with.